Arborsmith Studios Fan Box

Monday, December 11, 2023

Crape Myrtle Arborsculpture in China is a Major Industry!

 I discovered a social media site in china and have started collecting videos of all crape myrtle arborsculpture. Wow just wow. Everything from chairs to gazebos from vase shapes (a vase of flowers) to a flowering human shape. The oldest is about 14 years old. Most are in the 4 year range. 

In my books I describe how to bare root saplings and shape them into things. I have not worked with crape myrtle but it looks like the perfect kind of tree. It can be grown into very long whips and transplants very well (hardy) it's really hard to kill. Best of all it flowers in red, white, purple and pink.

I'm growing a bunch of them and hope to propagate them also. Seeds and cuttings. I suppose I'll need to figure out how to get a single whip to grow from each root. I have puners and a few clues. 😁





Arrow points to one ready to bend into shape.






         

No comments: